Monday 20 July 2009

First Dungeon & First 10 man raid

My defense was only 528, a mixutre of tempered and Titansteel and Defense gems to boost myself tot he cap. We did a normal UP and got the chest quest reward which helped, then heroic VH, and got a blue cloak, which then took me over the def cap..after a chest defense enchant.
Sabriel, returned to healing, which for me, is a confidence boost in having my pre-TBC healer back onboard. Micke (aka Punkgirl), Leni, Scota (Trivia) and are new chap Baconburger all came to help out in me getting backinto the tanking brain train, which to be fair in reflection, didnt take all that long.
VH kept bugging on us in heroic mode, and we had a go at normal instead, which seemed ok and we did get through it without fuss. I re-arranged some spell abilities, and decided to goto the LFG channel and pick up a pug. I was asked if i would tank Naxx 10.
Offtanking for a Warrior Tank Uldar geared, i was in good company. I would catch the strays, and at this point i should mention my threat is a problem at this time, as Punkgirl mentioning in H VH, he had to mis-direct alot to ensure i kept aggro in the company of T7 and Heroic geared dps.
Naxx wasnt generous however, Spiderwing and Military done, (except the 4 horsemen) as nothing tank worthy dropped :( but it was a great practice for me, and a good team we where in. Which has me confident to off-tank tonight with the guild, and raid lead it without tanking gear concerns. I think for the most part, OS 10 and VoA to try and get hold of some T7 gloves and legs.

No comments: