Thursday 3 July 2008

Never again….for the meantime

I finally managed to get the mace from Magisters Terrace, I have lost count on the amount of times I have gone to that place. But now that I have the mace I have no plans to ever return to that place unless anyone from TDD wants a tank to go there.
I managed to gem up the stoic chest piece with the 2 gems I was looking at, together with a Def and Stam gem for the yellow socket. I managed to play around with various plate and found I could stretch my dodge to over 28% but however my stamina comes down by 1k doing so. Im thinking about using the same gems for the T4 shoulders and the 2 socket belt rather than using the heroic drop belt & shoulders. Compromising slightly on the stamina, and also looking at switching the stam enchant on the boots to agility also. I think with some tweaking and carefull planning I could get my dodge to 30%, block for a paladin would benefit more with lots of strength to reduce the blocked damage but looking at the reduction of blocked damage I am better off with more armour and dodge, while keeping the uncrushability.
Mitigating (passively reducung damage) with armour over 16.9K is 61% reduction. Parry at 16% and dodge at 28% Miss 6.08% gives me 50% chance to aviod any melee hit. While without using the holy shield block 13% to block
And 53% to shield block and aviod crushing blows, reducing damage through armour and block value. And that’s where agility comes in. Agility does add to your armour, and currently adds 406 armour alone.

And that’s the only weak spot tanking wise for mitigating damage for a paladin that I can see, is the block damage & being hit without shield block (Holy Shield) up. Failing to block, your life depends on armour to reduce the damage taken by the hit, and or dodging, parrying, or being completely missed are the others.

No comments: