Thursday 4 June 2009

Half Term is up, and the result is...

I have to say…I didn’t think it would come to this. I have spent numerous times contemplating it, over the months. Debating on this blog and in everyday life, while at work and so on and so on. After struggling for some years, and persevering through difficulties, and decisions, I think it is safe to say I have finally come to the conclusion after seeing the duel spec option within the game. It will take some time and some stealth pug's to get to the same level as TDD, and that could take some time over-all, but questing outside of the guild and pugging shouldn’t be a problem, never has been really. And outside of the Monday Wednesday ad Thursday, theres ample time to play catchup.
With enough experience from Nuadah, Nadiastorm shouldn’t have much problem tanking the 5 mans and raiding pugs in LFG. Challenge is, how quickly can it be done?
The DK is certainly an awsome class. Many of its abilities as a DPS class, and Tanking class make it an astonding all rounder, however its complicated by minor nerfs, and the "curse up & spam" a finishing move. Retribution seems far simpler and easier to rotate without growning a 6th finger on my left hand. I have'nt got used to the "1 hand on keyboard, and the other holding down the left and right button for moving" setup of playing before, and lthough with time I have got used to it, it does feel,….alien. If I had a chocie between a dps DK and Ret paladin, I think I would opt for paladin due to the familiar rotation of skills and timings. To play the DK well, I feel you need to be really commited to it. And I am not, so while i lead and envolve myself in raids i will be picking up the unwanted items only.

No comments: